Wednesday, May 4, 2011

31 Days to Clean Challenge: Day 3

I have to confess it was a little harder to find the motivation for today.  I've been in a boot brace for a week.  I'm almost to the end of my time in it, but for some reason today I was just frustrated with it.  I also had a lot of errands to run this morning.  I'm also trying to work on Mother's Day gifts from Sister Blessing to her grandmothers...Yeah, I know it's kind of last minute...but I'm a major procrastinator (should be my middle name).  And honestly, I've been so busy, the whole thing kind of snuck up on me.  So by the time I got home at lunch, I really didn't feel like doing anything.

I really want to stick with this challenge, however.  So I forced myself to do it and found it really didn't take that long.  The Martha challenge for today was to clean the tops of fridge and cabinets in your kitchen.  And clean the outside of the cabinets/drawers.  I'll confess I didn't do the top of the cabinets just because I couldn't reach them with a stool.  Yes, I am that short!   But I managed to do the rest - even with Sister and Brother Blessing trying to "help".  

The chapter also talked about how we can give our homes life.  I was very convicted by the ten suggestions.  In fact, I was overwhelmed and felt very lacking...Then the leader of the challenge reminded us we can't do it all and to just focus on one thing for now.  I really want to focus on "Offering life-giving and grace-filled words to my husband and children".   My patience and understanding are not what they should be.   I could give a bunch of reasons why - but they are just excuses and I need to learn to control my reactions better.

I still have the Mary challenge left for the day, but I need to get the little blessings and myself ready for church tonight.  Fortunately, they are serving dinner at church this evening so I don't have to worry about that.  I'm always happy for a day I don't have to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment